Sunday, February 27, 2011

A Few Things I made....

I am going to be doing step by step on how I create things... But i wanted to give you a feel of what this blog is going to be about.... I am going to be making and creating new things from old. My favorite thing to do right now is to sew clothes for my little girl out of my old clothes. instead of throwing them away when they get a hole or a small stain or just when i simply just get bored of them (which happens more than id like to admit) I decided to start designing my own clothes for Reagan... I have a hard time with all the little girl clothes out there. A lot of clothes they have for babies and toddlers look like pajamas.... or are all just so pink .... just not my style. Then I see all these adorable clothes at boutiques and high end stores that cost an arm and a leg...I looked at them and I realized that I could easily make them. so I did.

I don't like patterns.... they frustrate me... they never seem to be the right size.... so i just started making my own patterns up. I just go for it. 
I just love this picture we had done of my little Reagan wearing the shirt and skirt  I made her.....  This little outfit I made Reagan was out of a few old things... The brown shirt is an old shade shirt of mine that the hem came undone.... I cut it simply into a pattern that looked similar to the shade shirt  but the sleeves were a little more "cap" and the neck line a little higher... then I added some extra lace that I had laying around and scrap material that I had from the skirt material twirled into a rose.

The Skirt I made the under layer out of an old Halloween costume I made years ago....
And the lace I got from an ugly dress I got at the Thrift store for $1 that I obviously didn't like... but loved the lace.  I simply made a strap waistband and then cut a long rectangle  about 4 1/2 times her width and made a basting seam that i pulled to scrunch the fabric till it fit the waist band and just sewed them together.. I made a simple fabric loop button hole and voilĂ ... a whole outfit for $1...





No comments:

Post a Comment